ATTENTION ALL CDL HOLDERS & CMV DRIVERS
Silver Amos to be Training on SWW Division on Five Dates in June
Electronic Logbook App Rollout – Geotab Drive
Engineering CDL Holders, Drivers, and Team Leaders:
Geotab Drive is the iPhone mobile app used by over 150,000 professional drivers in the US for Electronic Driver’s Logbook compliance and is the application the BNSF will be using in our vehicles as we face final compliance by December of 2019. SentinalDrive will be history!
Silver Amos, BNSF Manager DOT Compliance, will be on the Southwest-West Division on five dates in June to conduct “Geotab Drive” mobile application training for all CMV drivers and CDL holders in the Engineering, Mechanical, Structures, Telecom, and Work Equipment departments, as part of the final phase of the BNSF Electronic Logbook Device rollout.
Regional/System Gang assigned and/or associated drivers, working on the Division on the dates of the SWW classes, should plan to attend this important training, as they may not be near another training session prior to the December cutover deadline.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE YOU GO…
- BNSF will continue to use the iPhones that were assigned to our vehicles last year as we move forward. Bring them with you to class.
- (NOTE: A member is NOT obligated to use his/her cell phone for “the App” )
- The iPhones assigned to our CMVs must be updated to iOS 12.0 or higher prior to attending a class. (This update takes time to complete and the iPhone must be plugged in during update and connected to a wifi network other than the one in the BNSF vehicle.)
- All vehicles and drivers assigned to the trained workgroups locations will be switched over to Geotab Drive 14 days after the training date and SentinalDrive will be deactivated for those drivers and those vehicles on that switchover date.
- Training takes 1 to 1 ½ hours to complete.
- After the day’s initial session, Silver and I will be at each training location for as long as there are Drivers scheduled to see/hear the training.
- These are the only training dates offered by Silver Amos on the SWW in 2019. There will be no second round of “makeup” training classes.
- A Conference Call with Silver will be scheduled on the day of your workgroup’s cutover, for anyone needing assistance that morning.
- For those drivers who absolutely cannot attend Silver’s class, a web based training module is available for you, prior to your vehicle’s cutover.